Thursday, October 27, 2011

Churches of Mcminville, Oregon

We (Laurie and I) have done quite a few cemetery tours on our bikes lately and gathered a ton of pictures so I figured it was time for a change. Last Saturday (Oct. 22, 2011) I photographed every church in Mcminnville that I was aware of.  I say "was" because I now know of a couple more that I missed.  Still, I got 16 different churches!

Bethel Baptist Church.  This church is about 500 feet from my front door.

St. Barnabas Episcopal Church.  I love the spiral shrubs in front.

First Baptist Church.  As far as architecture and location, this is my favorite church in Mcminnville.
These trees are right next to the First Baptist Church

First Presbyterian Church.  This is one block away from the First Baptist Church and is right next to the downtown area.

Lutheran Church

St. James Catholic Church.  The front white portion was added on this year.

First Christian Church.  There is something I love about the shape of this church.  Very "mid-century" modern looking.

Sunrise Church.  I have no idea what Sunrise Church means, but I like the building.  It's situated right in the midst of an older residential neighborhood.

Iglesia Adventista Del Septimo Dia.  This is very close to my front door also.  One of my least favorite architecturally.



       


Mormon Church.  Almost exactly 1 mile from my house.  I've walked here many times.

Abundant Life Pentecostal Church

Calvary Chapel on 2nd St.

Covenant Church on 2nd St.

Church on the Hill.  Without a doubt, the largest church in Mcminnville.  Looks more like a hotel.  You can't see it but one end is a giant play area for kids.
Another autumn shot

Salvation Army

Seventh Day Adventist.  We pass this church a lot on our bike rides.
I thought this tree was spectacular so I had to stop and take a picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment